For the past few weeks, the Ella Mai team have been sharing their elopement planning tips in their elopement series. In the final edition today, Ella and Marijane explain how to bring it all together: aka, get ready, it’s time to elope!
We’re Ella Mai Elopements, and we offer both all-inclusive Elopement Packages and DIY Elopement Planning Resources for couples who boldly choose to elope in Scotland. We want you to make the absolute most of your time and money, without missing out on the best that Scotland’s elopement industry has to offer. We’re here to help you take the stress out of your elopement planning, and add a whole lot of magic and meaning to your special day!
For now, we’re teaming up with The Wedding Collective to lay down the basics for eloping. If you’ve been considering an elopement, or you’ve already started your own elopement planning journey – this series is for you. So let’s get into it!
06. Get ready to elope!
So all your suppliers are booked, and the itinerary is finalised. Now it’s time to get ready, and pull all the details together!
Set a reminder in your phone for 3 months before your elopement date. This is when you can begin your marriage paperwork. If you’re getting legally married, you need to apply for a marriage license, and possibly marriage visitor visas if you’re travelling internationally. These do not typically take 3 months to complete, but if there are issues with your documents or applications, it’s important to have plenty of time to fix it.
About a month before your elopement, send a message to all your suppliers to confirm everything. Make sure everyone has a copy of your itinerary, pickup/delivery times and addresses are all confirmed, and you have everyone’s contact details in case something happens.
This is also a good time to start a note on a piece of paper, or in your phone, with a list of all the things you need to bring. Keep adding to it as you think of things. Then you’ll have a complete list when you’re packing, and you’re less likely to forget anything! Here is a starting point:
– Identification documents (passports)
– Original documents required for your marriage license
– Printed trip itineraries and travel tickets
– Personal medications
– Wedding bands
– Wedding attire (dress, suit, kilt, jumpsuit, etc.)
– Comfortable shoes
– Reusable water bottles
Start packing about a week before you leave, so you can continue to add things over a few days. Get plenty of sleep, and drink lots of water leading up to your elopement so you’re happy and healthy for the big day!
On the morning of your elopement, take a deep breath, and just go with the flow. You’ve made an incredible decision, and you’re about to have the time of your lives.
So, are you ready to start elopement planning with confidence?
Let us show you how, so you don’t have to figure it all out from scratch! Our Runaways Guide is packed with over 100 pages of insider knowledge, tips, and resources from Scotland’s award-winning elopement planning professionals.
With this guide, you’ll be empowered to:
– Explore all the possibilities for your elopement day in Scotland, so you don’t miss out on anything extraordinary.
– Find the perfect location for your elopement adventure – whether it’s an iconic landscape or a hidden gem.
– Create a cohesive vision for your dream elopement which will act as a foundation for your planning process.
– Easily find all the right partners to bring your ideas to life by browsing our hand-picked recommended suppliers.
– Navigate the legal processes involved with getting married in Scotland by using our stress-free instructions.
– Build a fun, efficient elopement day itinerary that will create meaningful memories and make the most of your time.
– Begin your journey with the love of your life in the most beautiful country in the world.
And here’s the best part!
We’re offering 20% off our Runaways Guide for The Wedding Collective community! Just use the code WEDDINGCOLLECTIVE at checkout!
Plus, if you start your DIY elopement, and then decide it’s a bit more work than you have time for – you can opt to pass the planning to us, and we’ll discount an Elopement Package by the cost of your Runaways Guide!
You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Let’s make your elopement dreams come true!