Gather round, pals, because we’ve got something we think you’re going to be very excited to hear. You may know the dreamy paper specialists Papier for their save the dates, gorge invitations and on-the-day wedding stationery, BUT – did you know that they lend their incredible creative hands to totally customisable photobooks too? Told you we had exciting stuff to share!
Photobooks are one of our fave ways of gathering the special memories from your wedding day. All the effort you put into planning the day, and all of the enjoyment on people’s faces that made it worthwhile when it came around, deserves to be immortalised and proudly displayed. They also make the perfect gift for members of your wedding party and parents, solving that niggly ‘how can we ever repay them’ worry – well, by creating one of these. This is especially true with Papier’s achingly cool photobook designs, which they’ve curated to suit every wedding style – we’re talking modern minimalist to traditional handlettering to some Scandi-style colourblocking too, and they’re all beaut.
Why create a Papier photo book?
Obviously aesthetics are a huge part of it, but on top of our above design love for Papier, we also really love the emphasis they place on the feel of their books. As a company founded on the love of and joy of paper gifts, their photobooks are made from softly textured papers that feel beautiful to the touch, making them feel as important as they are.
They’re also super perfect for people whose lives haven’t slowed down any post-wedding-whirlwind. The Papier photo editor makes creating them from scratch a breeze, taking you through from style, to cover, to layouts and finally captions to create your gorgeous keepsake. Because they’re the real Gs, they even sync photos across all devices so you can save your progress and come back to it!
Our tips for creating your Papier Wedding Photobook
Now we’ve convinced you to get one, we couldn’t just leave you hanging! We know it can feel overwhelming – don’t worry – but hopefully it also feels exciting too. Here are our top tips on creating the wedding photobook of your dreams:
- The cornerstone of an excellent wedding photobook is – wouldja believe it? – excellent wedding photos. For a luxe feel, make sure you use high quality images. Sure, your bridesmaids’ dancefloor selfie session was hilarious at the time, but pixelated blurry images don’t quite do your incredible planning justice, do they?
- But having said that, make sure you do include some fun images too. Hilarious photos are often the ones that make us feel the most when we look back – ones that will never fail to make you laugh are excellent to go in
- Our top tip is to ask your photographer to set up a dropbox for you, so that your photos can sync straight to the Editor from there. However you upload it – from Dropbox, your computer, camera roll or Facebook – it’ll sync across all devices.
- Take a look at your photos before you start your book designing: their proportions will help you decide on whether you go for portrait, square, or landscape designs.
- Choose different layouts for your pages to keep your book interesting – it’ll add even more depth to your already gorgeous images
- Think about your captions. You can add cute captions like the name of your First Dance song, the flavours of your wedding cake, or excerpts from your vows or speech to bring the images to life.
Head over to Papier.com to get your photobook started! Plus, use code THEWEDDINGCOLLECTIVE for 20% off your order – you can only use it once, so make sure you order all your books in one.
This is a post in collaboration with Papier – but we love them so much we’d have shouted about them anyway!