When the brief sent to the suppliers is “Jurassic Park without the dinosaurs” you know it’s going to be a doozy – and it absolutely was. Simple yet creative, pared-back but packing an aesthetic punch, relaxed and ridiculous (in a totally good way!), this Scottish barn wedding was a labour of love, and a testament to their completely chilled out approach to planning.
Prioritising keeping things simple, hiring creative suppliers they knew and trusted, and enjoying the process wherever possible, Lauren and Finlay’s day was chock full of foliage and potted plants. The Cow Shed Crail is a perfect base – rustic without being twee thanks to it’s cool, industrial feel – and with the help of events stylist The Little White Cow, the couple really ramped up the creative edge by adding props, lighting, furniture, and boughs of foliage everywhere. The flowers were almost totally picked from their mums’ gardens too, resulting in that dreamy full forest green bouquet.
And then from one veritable oasis to another: we love the divine shots of Lauren and Finlay exploring the rugged coast as a moment of peace and quiet from their big day. Thanks to the lovely Claire Fleck for these swoonworthy images of the gorgeous couple – dogs, planters and endless creamy colour palettes, what more could you ever want or need?
- Photography: Claire Fleck Claire Fleck
- Venue: The Cow Shed Crail
- Event Styling: Gloam The Little White Cow
- Furniture: Virginia's Vintage Hire
- Lighting: Wedding Lighting and Mobile Hire Scotland
- Dress: Charlie Brear at Lamesley Bridal, Edinburgh
- Groomswear: Taylor Made Kilts
- Rings: Katie Lees Jewellery
- Hair: Lo @ Pouts and Pin Ups, Kirkcaldy
- Make Up: Jennifer McLachlan
- Caterer: Regis Banqueting
- Band/Music: The Skylarks